Corporate Social Responsibility
ColdEX 's corporate social responsibility (CSR) philosophy is designed to fulfill its commitment of being a responsible, corporate citizen..
ColdEX was envisioned around the idea of the moving wheel. On a mundane level it symbolizes the movement of a truck tyre. In the larger vision it represents the circle of life which hinges on the truth that “What goes around comes around”. It is Dharma to do good Karma.
The CSR philosophy aims at creating shared value because it is a well known fact that corporate success and social welfare are interdependent. Only aware and empowered stakeholders can lead to sustainable and inclusive development.
The three point agenda is:
for a robust future
The focus areas have been chosen based on the objective of ensuring that all initiatives are relevant to the CSR vision of the company. Charity begins at home so initially we shall focus on the less privileged in our organization.
To educate is to empower. For all round and inclusive empowerment we will endeavour to:
- To provide primary and secondary education for children of underprivileged families.
- To provide special education for disabled children.
- To provide for skill development of women and older children
- To carry out adult literacy programmes.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To look after the physical and emotional well-being of the underprivileged:
- Educate them about the company's health benefit policies and ensure that they use it.
- Hold health checkup camps.
- Educate the drivers and handlers about road safety.
- Hold blood donation camps so that people can in turn contribute their bit to society.
- Environment and disaster management
- Work towards sensitizing the people towards the environment
- Mitigate the impact on the environment by business activities by reducing carbon foot prints of the organization;
- Recycling and reducing waste;
- Conserving energy and setting up systems for environmental improvement.
- Green initiative — mandatory to plant and maintain a green stretch in and around their premises.
- Logistics support to projects and NGOs