India’s largest organized integrated food supply chain and distribution company
ColdEX is India’s largest organized integrated food supply chain and distribution company. Our integrated offerings, surface logistics and warehousing infrastructure, pan-India distribution network, and modern technology systems support our competitive market position. We provide “plug and play” integrated food supply chain and distribution solutions that are scalable to meet the needs of established market leaders as well as new entrants.
We cater to a wide range of industry sectors and business segments including food service market, FMCG, confectionary, dairy, retail, etc.
We commenced our business in 1999. In 2005, we launched our brand ColdEX, to provide temperature-controlled logistics services to various industries. In 2014, ColdEX further expanded into becoming an integrated temperature-controlled food supply chain and distribution company. We have, since then, expanded our operations to become an integrated temperature-controlled food supply chain and distribution company with an ability to service clients on pan-India basis.
We categorize our business segments into:
- Integrated Distribution (outsourced end to end supply chain management)
- Fulfilment Services (elements of supply chain)
We are one of the few companies engaged in integrated temperature-controlled food supply chain and distribution. The key elements of fulfilment services are surface logistics and warehousing services under multi-temperature environment.
Our clients operate in various sectors across India, including:
- Food Service Market
- Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Ice-cream and frozen dessert
- Confectionaries including chocolates and baked products
- Frozen food
Our business infrastructure comprised of:
- 5 temperature-controlled warehouses located at Kundli I, Navi Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Kundli-II capable of warehousing more than 7,000 pallets. Further, we have entered into a long term lease agreement for built-to-suit temperature-controlled warehouse at Bengaluru which can accommodate upto additional 5,000 pallets. Our warehouse premises at Kundli I has been certified as Grade ‘A’ by British Retail Consortium for conforming with the Global Standard for Storage and Distribution.
- More than 800 reefer trucks which included 594 owned reefer trucks (operated by us or our franchisee partners). Further, we have entered into agreements with various parties enabling us to expand our fleet size on lease basis We operate our business through 12 operating locations including our registered office, corporate office, branch offices and warehouses spread across 10 cities in India to manage our operations effectively. We have also utilize third party agents and customer facilities for facilitating ease of our operations.
Recognising that quality control and supply chain traceability is a matter of focus for producers, suppliers, consumers and the government, we have invested in technology and processes throughout our business such as
(i) GPS-enabled fleets that provide real-time visibility of location and temperature compliance
(ii) a warehouse management system to track, process and manage inventory
(iii) integration with customers’ systems for automated inventory replenishment
(iv) flexible reefer fleet and warehouse designs to allow optimization as per our customer’s requirements
(v) 24×7 control room staffed with trained customer service agents; which has enabled us with traceability of products and the conditions under which such products are transported and stored.
We have also adopted environmental, social and governance (ESG) safeguards and implemented a comprehensive Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS), conforming to the requirements of the Asian Development Bank.